ABAP debugger is an integrated tool in the ABAP workbench.
ABAP Debugger is a tool that is used to analyze the code of a program. We can perform the below operations using ABAP debugger.
- Stop execution of the program to analyze the program
- Execute the program line by line or block by block
- Change the values of the variables
- Alter the flow of the program
- Skip some lines of code
- Stop the execution of program when certain condition is met
- You can display the source code along with the contents of the variables or data objects
- Any errors or bugs can be easily identified
In order to use the debugger, you need to have the necessary authorization as below
Authorization object: S_DEVELOP
Object type: DEBUG
2: Change and jump-in code
1: Reserved for internal SAP use
There are 2 debuggers as below